DAVENTRY DARTS LEAGUE: Buckby come from behind to sink Town

editorial image
Share this article

Daventry Town B entertained Long Buckby in the Davehtry & District Darts League A Division.

It was the home side that got off to a winning start through Rachel and Dave Harris as they came away 2-1 winners over Ian Bow and Ray Feasey. They did not hold this lead though as Brad Burns and Mick Feasey repeated this score line as they took down Paul Bodsworth and Richard Denis.

Into the singles games and the away side then took the lead for themselves as Chris Lines defeated Sam Harris 2-1.

Rich Denis then levelled it once more as he beat Paul Scott, again by 2-1. Paul Bodsworth then retook the lead for the home side 2-1 over Mick Feasey only for Ian Bow to square it up once more by that now familiar score of 2 – 1. Going into the last game, and it was Brad Burns breaking this pattern then stealing the match for the away side as he came away the 2-0 winner over Dave Harris. The final score was 4-3 to Buckby.

Casey’s were at home to the Con Club A, and this time it was the away side who took an early lead through Ivan Lester and Paul Hemphill, 2-1 over Luke Spence and Gary Birch.

The home side responded through Nigel Turland and Dan Wheatley as they beat Ray Hobrow and Dave Burton 2-0.

The away side then took the lead once more as Hemps beat Dan Wheatley 2-1.

The match was level after the next game as Gary Wade came away the 2-1 winner in a high scoring game with Ivan Lester.

Luke Spence then took the home side into the lead with his 2-0 win over Brian Seal, but this match was once again going to be taken all the way as Ray Hobrow saw off Dave Jones by 2-0.

It was Dave Summerfield hitting a 180 in his game thus helping him to victory over Burtie also hitting his own 180 but going down 2-1. The final score was 4-3.

Ricky Cole and James Harris came away 2-1 winners over Nigel Foster and Bully as Woodford Halse Social Club played host to Daventry Town A. Daz Foster and Ray Jones then pulled the game level as they defeated Joe Newby and Callum Lovell 2-0.

Callum then stayed on to win the first of the singles games 2-0 over David Brockwell. This was then followed up by Chris Flynn taking a 2-1 win over Nigel Foster. Bully then grabbed a leg back for Dav Town as he defeated Joe Newby 2-1, but Ricky Cole then stepped up to take the match in his 2-0 win over Ray Jones. Stu Scarsbrook could not add any cream to the cake though as he lost out 2-0 to Daz Foster, meaning Woodford won 4-3.

In the B Division, Weatherspoons travelled out to the Wheatsheaf Weedon B, and things started well for them as Callum Miller and Anthony Mason beat Phil Smith and Mark Parker 2-1.

The match was level again though after Shaun Gibbs and Julian Wickham took down Troy Miller and Dominic Harvey 2-1 in the next game. Jules then stayed at the Oche and put the home sides ahead through his 2-0 win over Shaun Hicken.

Dominic Harvey then made amends for his earlier defeat by beating Phil Smith by two legs to one. The match was level again though after the next game as Nigel Jones put away Callum Miller 2-0.

The away side fought back through Troy Miller levelling things up with a 2-0 win over Shaun Gibbs.

Anthony Mason then stepped up to take the match for the away side as he then defeated Mark Parker by two legs to nil. The final score was 4-3 to Weatherspoons.

The Foresters travelled to Daventry to take on Con Club B and got away to a good start through Ian Elliott and Ian Chapman as they beat Packy Andrews and Donna Taylor 2-1.

The home side struck back through Mick Mynard and Roe Binder again by 2-1, only for Ian Chapman to restore the lead for the Foresters with a 2-0 win over Donna Taylor.

Ian Elliot then followed this with a 2-0 victory of his own over Connor Taylor.

Mick Mynard stopped the rot in his game as he saw off Dominic Crawley with a 2-0 win. Mike Edwards then took a crucial 2-1 win over Bruce Andrews as this was to be the last of the away side’s players to play. Forester’s were 4-3 winners.

The Workers entertained Wheatsheaf Weedon A in the last match of the night with the Taylors, James and Gavin (180), winning the first game 2-1 over Brian Farmer and Roy Osbourne. The second game saw the second Taylor pairing Willie and Allan take on Lee Arnold and Luke Clements with the away side coming out the victors (no leg score recorded).

Gavin then beat Mick Doney 2-0 in the first singles game taking the home side back into the lead.

Luke Clements then levelled the match as he defeated Dave Lovell 2-0. Brian Farmer took the away side into the lead as he saw off Willie Taylor 2-0. Roy Osbourne and Andy Smith then took their games by two legs to nil over first James then Allan Taylor as Wheatsheaf claimed a 5-2 win.