DARTS: Wheathsheaf prove no match for Long Buckby FC

editorial image
Share this article

Long Buckby FC travelled to The Wheatsheaf in Weedon and scored a comfortable 5-2 win.

The first game saw Mick (140) and Ray Feasey run out 2-0 winners over Phil Smith (100) and Dave Bangs. Buckby’s second pairing kept the momentum going with Lee Arnold (100 x 2) and Tom Babbings (100 x 2) losing 2-0 to Ian Bow (180) and Ged Berrill (117).

Berrill (156) was to play again in the first of the singles and beat Bob Jones 2-0. Ray Feasey (100,133) then beat Dave Bangs (100) 2-0 and Buckby were home and dry.

Wheatehseaf did get on the board as Julian Wickham (100 x 2, 104f) beat Mick Feasey (100 x 2, 121) 2 - 1 but Lee Arnold (100 x 3, 140) was then beaten 2-1 by Ian Bow (121 x 2, 140 x 2, 129).

The last game of the night saw the appearance of Cara Feasey (80) for Buckby, but she lost 2-0 to Phil Smith.

Forester’s Arms put on a spirited show but were beaten 4-3 by Con Club A.

The first game saw Hemps (100 x 5) firing on all cylinders assisting his doubles partner Ivan Lester (100) to a 2-0 win for Con Club over Alex Harvey (121) and Dominic Cawley.

This game was followed up with the home side again running out winners as Ray Hobrow (140,100) and Andrew Green beat Mike Edwards (100) and Geoff Thorneycroft 2-0. Hemps (100,140) came back to the oche and although losing a little of his initial scoring power this did not prevent him defeating Ian Chapman 2-0 in the first of the singles games.

The home side were in cruise mode at this point with Stu Coe Snr facing a little resistance from Lisa Smart (81) to win 2-0 and take the match for the Con Club.

However, the home side then seemed to fall straight into sleep mode starting with Steve Cale (103) snoozing out to Gary Payne (100 x 2) 2-0, then Simon Adkins (125, 100 x 2) having bursts of alertness but eventually losing 2-1 to Mike Edwards (100 x 2).

To end the match Ray Hobrow (124) lost 2-0 to Alex Harvey as it ended 4-3.

It went down to the final leg in the match between The Workers and Daventry Town, with home side Workers edging it.

But the home side got off to a losing start as Darren Haines and Connor Taylor lost 2-1 to Bryan Farmer and Darran Foster (140,125,100).

It was all level after the second game as Gavin Taylor and James Taylor beat Dennis Job (123) and John Foster.

Darran Foster (100, x2, 121,134,140) beat Willie Taylor (100 x 2) 2-0 to put Daventry back in front, but the home side levelled it at 2-2 as Gavin Taylor beat Bryan Farmer (140) 2-0.

Darren Haines (100 x 2, 125, 140) then defeated Nigel Foster 2-0 as Workers edged ahead, only for Daventry to square things at 3-3 as Paul Bull (100) beat Dave Keating (100,135) 2-0.

So it was all down to the final game, and Allan Taylor (100) kept his nerve to beat Dennis Job 2-1 to win it for Workers.

The match between Slim Jims and Casey’s also went down to the wire, with home side Jims coming out on top.

Casey’s took an early lead through Ray Jones (140 x 2, 121, 100) and Gary Birch (140) as they beat Dave Harris (140) and Sam Harris (99,100) 2-1.

Jims got back into it as Paul Butler (100 x 3) and Troy Miller (100) beat Dave Summerfield (100, 140) and Chris Gay (100 x 2) 2-0.

In the singles, Rachel Harris (80, 81, 82, 100 x 3, 120) saw off Dave Summerfield (100 x 5, 131) 2 – 1 to put Jims ahead again, only for Casey’s to level as as Dave Jones (100 x 2, 121) beat Dave Harris (100 x 2, 120,128) 2-0.

Casey’s then went ahead as Brocky (100 x 2, 125 x 2, 140) beat Shaun Hicken 2-1, but Jims made it 3-3 Anthony Mason (100 x 6, 116,) saw off Nigel Turland (125 x 2, 135, 120, 100) 2-1.

The final game was between Paul Butler (100 x 3) and Ray Jones (127), and it was the captain from the home side who came through 2-1 to steal the game and match.