Woman treated after fridge gas leak

Share this article

A WOMAN had to be given oxygen after cleaning out her fridge yesterday (Monday).

At around 1.25pm firefighters were called to Redwell Place, just off St James Street in Daventry.

The woman had been cleaning out her refrigerator before it became damaged which led to gas escaping.

The fridge was taken outside and the woman was given oxygen therapy by the ambulance service.

Two crews from Daventry and an operational support unit from Moulton dealt with the incident and returned to the station at around 2.40pm.