Two hospitalised by chemical fumes at Daventry industrial estate

Share this article

TWO people have been taken to hospital due to chemical fumes at the Royal Oak Industrial Estate in Daventry.

Two fire crews from Daventry and one from Long Buckby were called to AmegA Sciences in Daimler Close at 10am and remained on scene until 2pm. Part of the road was cordoned off during the incident.

Firefighters used breathing apparatus and decontamination equipment to deal with the spill and to ventilate the building.

The company at the centre of the leak said it is a “mystery” why two workers collapsed while working with “non-hazardous chemicals”.

AmegA Sciences said the staff were taken to Northampton General Hospital.

The two men are under observation but are expected to make a full recovery.

Both Northamptonshire Fire Service and the company’s laboratory are investigating what happened.

AmegA sciences make agricultural products such as fertilisers and pesticides.