People and businesses in Daventry district are being urged to ensure their appliances are properly checked to keep safe from the ‘silent killer’ of carbon monoxide.
DDC is supporting National Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week, from 18 to 24 November. Those with gas appliances such as boilers, fires, water heaters and commercial cookers are urged to get them serviced by an engineer accredited to the national Gas Safe Register.
Cllr Richard Atterbury, housing and environmental health portfolio holder said: “Every year there are preventable deaths and injuries as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning.
“Environmental health officers encounter risks of carbon monoxide production when they routinely inspect premises including businesses and houses of multiple occupation.”