A PET hamster became stuck to the metal bars of its cage after eating a Spider-Man magnet.
Kate Meech and her four children returned to their Bugbrooke home to find four month-old Smurf attached to the outside of its cage.
Mrs Meech said: “When I saw the small circular shape from inside her cheek I realised she was attached by a magnet.
“It took a bit of a tug to pull her away from it and then we had to keep her in a plastic box until the magnet came out.”
Mrs Meech said the magnet was understood to have come from the foot of her 10-year-old son Thomas’s toy Spider-Man figure.