Man suffered serious throat injuries in power tool accident

editorial image
Share this article

A man who was accidentally cut in the throat in freak power tool accident in Northamptonshire was airlifted to hospital.

The Warwickshire & Northamptonshire Air Ambulance were called to a house in Grange Park, Northampton, at about 9.40am on Good Friday.

A spokeswoman for the WNAA said: “A 46-year-old male was suffering from severe neck and throat injuries.

“The patient was given oxygen, and the WNAA crew applied specialist gauze to his neck wound to stop any further bleeding.”

The man was airlifted to University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire for treatment at the major trauma centre.

The man’s family have asked us to point out that the power tool was not a circular saw as the air ambulance crew had believed. We have amended the article accordingly. The family have also thanked the medics for their skill and support.