Teenage girl from Northamptonshire who went missing with her baby found, say police
The 15-year-old girl from Northamptonshire who went missing with her baby daughter has been found safe and well.
After three days of appeals for her to get in touch, Katie Kelly and her daughter, Kiah-Mae, have been found.
In a statement released earlier on Friday night, a police spokesman said: “We are pleased to report that missing teenager, 15-year-old Katie Kelly and her baby daughter, Kiah-Mae, have both been found safe and well.
“DCI Elliot Foskett, who led the search for Katie and her baby, thanks the public for the overwhelming response in helping find them.”
WATCH: More dodgy drivers caught on dashcam as Northamptonshire Police reveals number facing action DOUBLED this year
RSPCA’s horror tale of Northamptonshire family’s pet cat poisoned by ANTIFREEZE
IN COURT: Offenders from Northampton and Daventry sentenced by local magistrates
Domestic abuse: Victim urges others to 'speak up and speak out' after horror tale of fearing for her life, being stalked, losing her children and living as a recluse
Road works: Hold-ups possible in and around Northampton, Towcester and Daventry as closures affect M1, A45, A5 and A43
Katie Kelly, 15, ad been last seen in the Standens Barn area of Northampton on Tuesday and police revealed yesterday that her 18-year-old boyfriend, Karl Boyle - who is the father of the baby girl - had also not been seen for days.
Northamptonshire Police says it is becoming “increasingly concerned” about the young mother and daughter as Miss Kelly left her home in Long Buckby without money or supplies for her 12-week-old daughter.
During a press conference this afternoon DCI Foskett read out a statement from Miss Kelly’s foster mother.
It read: “Please just let somebody know that you and Kiah-Mae are safe and well.
“We are really missing both of you and so are all of your family and just want you back safe and well.
“Please just let somebody know you are safe and okay.”
DCI Foskett said Northamptonshire Police had carried out “extensive searches” over the past 24 hours in collaboration with a number of forces across the country.
The force had also put credit on the teenager’s mobile phone to help her make contact.