Boiler room blaze at village property

Share this article

AN ELECTRICAL fault has left a village property severely damaged by fire.

At just after 2am today (Tuesday) fire crews from Guilsborough, Long Buckby and Daventry were called to West End, in West Haddon.

The blaze was contained to a storage room on the top floor of the property which houses the boiler.

The fire caused severe damage to the room as well as light smoke damage and a small amount of water damage to the rest of the building.

An aerial appliance from Moulton and the cobra unit from Daventry were also used to tackle the blaze.

Crews used 12 breathing apparatus, two hose reels and two covering jets.