Video fire warning released

0
Have your say

A VIDEO is being promoted by Northamptonshire fire chiefs that depicts a family living room being engulfed by flames after a Christmas tree catches fire.

The one-minute fire safety clip is being used to graphically illustrate how quickly flames can ravage a house if Christmas lights get too hot.

The message is being pushed as the run-up to the festive season continues.

National statistics show that 17 per cent of accidental fire deaths happen in December.

Lisa Bryan, community protection officer for Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue, said: “The hustle and bustle of Christmas preparations can often push fire safety completely out of our minds.

“But in reality, the start of festive celebrations brings a whole cocktail of fire risks into the home.”

Log on to www.facebook.com/firekills to see the video.