Residents kept in homes after gas leak

0
Have your say

A GAS leak was discovered in Greenhill Road, Long Buckby, on Saturday (January 26).

Staff at the national grid were alerted to the leak after a passer-by smelled gas at around midday.

Gas service workers found the cause of the leak to be a broken gas main in a grass verge which they have temporarily repaired.

The National Grid plans to reinstate the verge when the snow clears and implement a permanent solution.

Regional press officer Jane Taylor said the leak was not dangerous as it was out in the open where the wind could blow the gas away.

Residents were not evacuated but were asked by local police officers to remain in their homes for a short while.