Pub to re-open after fire

0
Have your say

A VILLAGE pub will be open for business tonight after a fire at the weekend.

At 3.40pm on Saturday fire crews were called to The Olde Coach House in Ashby St Ledgers.

The roof of the staff accommodation block was badly damaged in the blaze.

Firefighters from Daventry, Rugby, Guilsborough, Long Buckby, Mereway and Moulton attended. The British Red Cross fire team were also called.

The fire involved a large bin which spread to the roof of the two-storey building, causing severe damage to the roof.

The fire was accidental and possibly caused by a cigarette which was put in the bin.