Pub manager praises community after losing everything in fire

Pictured is Lee Vye ( Manager - Olde Coach House ), Ashby St Ledgers
Pictured is Lee Vye ( Manager - Olde Coach House ), Ashby St Ledgers
0
Have your say

A PUB manager who lost everything in a fire that tore through his apartment has thanked the community for their ‘fantastic’ support.

At 3pm on Saturday firefighters were called to the Olde Coach House in Ashby St Ledgers, where the staff accommodation building next to the pub had caught alight.

It is believed the blaze was possibly started by a cigarette which was put into a large bin before it spread to the two-storey building, which is now gutted.

One of those who lives in the building is Lee Vye, who runs the pub. And despite losing all his possessions in the fire he was open for business again the following evening.

He said: “We have moved all the staff who were living there into accommodation in the pub. We took a couple of days out to deal with the emotional stress but we’ve been able to hold it together and now have the pub open.

“I’ve lost everything and I don’t know what I’m going to do yet. Everything I own was in that room apart from the shirt on my back.

“We don’t have a figure of how much the damage will cost to repair, but everyone still has their life and that’s the main thing.

“If the fire had happened at night it would have been a very different story. Thankfully the pub building is totally unaffected but it has been very tough for us all.

For the full story see today’s Daventry Express.