Clara comes to the rescue of her pet dog Cookie

Family dog Cookie got golf ball trapped in her throat and (Daughter) Clara Hall saved the dog's life.
Family dog Cookie got golf ball trapped in her throat and (Daughter) Clara Hall saved the dog's life.
0
Have your say

A TEENAGER saved her dog’s life after it got a golf ball stuck in its throat.

Clara Hall, from East Haddon, rushed Cookie, a four-year-old tri-colour border collie, to a vets in Northampton on Sunday after she swallowed the ball.

The 19-year-old said: “My brother was playing golf with my grandad in the garden and as usual Cookie was fetching the golf balls for him but one ball bounced and she jumped and it went straight down her throat.”

First aid-trained Miss Hall said: “On the way to the vets she stopped breathing and her tongue went blue.

“I pushed the ball up from the outside of her throat to the bigger gap in her throat so she kept breathing.

“The journey took around 15 minutes and I didn’t think she was going to make it and I was crying. We are so lucky an relieved.”

Cookie was given an anaesthetic and vet Kate Smith removed the ball from her throat.