Things are about to get a whole load scarier as the Mystery Machine rolls into Northampton next month to solve a very scary mystery.
One of the most beloved children’s characters Scooby Doo comes to the Royal and Derngate in a new production which runs from Thursday, May 8, to Sunday May 11.
The show, called The Mystery of the Pyramids, sees Scooby and the gang solving the mystery of Pharaoh Hatchepsout’s pyramid.
The gang of Shaggy, Fred, Velma and Daphne have to deal with mysterious mummies and the wrath of the Pharaoh who transforms anyone who dares to approach the pyramid into stone.
The 90-minute show has hilarious physical comedy, popular tunes and special effects in the show that can be enjoyed by the whole family.
Tickets cost between £15.50 and £20.50.
They can be booked by calling the box office on 01604 624811 or visit www.royalandderngate.co.uk.
The Daventry Express caught up with Shaggy and Scooby prior to their visit.
1. What’s it like being in Egypt?
Scoobs and I didn’t know what to like, expect. At first we thought we’d have a chance to like, go to the beach. But when we got there we realised that deserts have loads of sand, but no sea. It’s like, sweltering out there!
2. How do you find your way around?
The gang are pretty good at map reading, after all solving mysteries is, like, our business! But our friend Otto’s also there to help and he’s like, great at Egyptology.
3. What’s your favourite thing about this mystery so far?
You guys will have to come to the show to find out. But like, it’s great hanging out with Scoobs and I’ve also been having some luck with the girls this time!
4. Have you come across any surprises in the desert?
Zoinks, the desert is like, full of surprises! Egyptian mummies, sandstorms and stange visions. It’s like, crazy out there.
5. What do you miss about home?
Pizza! We’ve brought plenty of Scooby snacks with us but Scoobs and I are always hungry. Nevermind, that’s a good reason to solve the mystery and hurry up and get out of this place.
6. You sound like you don’t like it here. Are you scared?
Me? S-s-s-cared? Well, I admit it, Scoobs and I are sometimes a little like, jumpy. In fact, did you hear that noise? Sounds like it might be Pharaoh Hatchespout...zoinks!
Scooby also spoke to the Daventry Express.
1. Mystery Inc. has solved a huge number of cases in a variety of places. Are you looking forward to going to Egypt?
Rery much! We’re relping our friend Otto find the reasure inside Rharaoh Hatchespout’s Pryramid
2. Egyptian food is varied and unique. Do you think they will have Scooby Snacks out there or will you have to take your own?
Re’re always rungry so we’ll rake rooby racks just in case.
3. Is it scary hanging around ancient Pyramids?
(Scooby’s teeth chatter and he looks worried) Roinks! It’s really rightening in the desert!
4. What would you do if you saw a real life mummy?
Rrrrrun for it!
5. The mystery machine is travelling to theatres all over the Uk isn’t it? Are you excited about the show?
Ree hee hee hee, I love meeting Scooby fans. We’re going to have such a great time. Rooby rooby roooooooo!